Thursday, September 11, 2008

On a Thursday night, wishing it was Friday . . .

Another week is winding down - and I'm ready for the weekend. But I had a good night last night. I met up with Anna Molinari and we went to the Reformed University Ministries meeting on campus. It's a pretty large group, around 100 students, and I enjoyed it. It's a typical sort of meeting of singing and then a brief message. Again, I am struck by the quality of the musicianship. They sing mostly hymns and more subdued contemporary songs (much like Midtown), but it was a powerful experience. A hundred voices echoing in the chapel, singing beautiful and powerful music. . . amazing. But more than anything else, it's just wonderful to see such a large group of God-loving students. A friend of Sean and Cate's who is also studying at Vandy said that the campus is spiritually dark, and I understand now what she meant. So after a week in such an atmosphere, seeing the students gathered at RUF or at Midtown is very encouraging.

This has been a tough week for me. I find myself slipping under the homework load. I find myself behind the other grad students, and have to work twice as hard to keep up. But my wonderful husband planned a wonderful night last night for me to relax - pizza, beer and a movie! I shudder to think how awful being here in Nashville right now would be if I didn't have his love and encouragement.

Evidently Daniel's district manager at the store said that she liked him so much she wants him to stay on at the store, even if it's one day a week. And the greatest part is that he gets to choose the hours! So he'll have the freedom to choose when and for how long, to fit in with school and internship. Honestly, I am blown away by the Lord's provision.

No comments: