Monday, February 9, 2009

Signs that you are older than you want to be . . .

1) Your little sister is asked out by her much older tattoo artist

2) The highlight of your week is finally being able to use that salad bowl you got for the wedding shower

3) You automatically wake up at 6 in the morning ready to greet the day all cheery-like


So, I've been pondering something Cara said on her blog - I'm the only one of the four kids to not have a tattoo from Divinity in Scottsdale! I'm not sure I can live with that disgrace. Well, I've been seriously considering getting a tattoo, and that's just the kind of incentive I needed. A chi rho on one food, an alpha and omega on the other. I am going to be in AZ for Spring Break . . . :) Thoughts? Feelings? Objections?

In any case, Daniel and I felt our dinner party was very successful. We had two couples over, and we made delicious food, of which every last scrap was eaten! They stayed for four and a half hours, and the conversation was lovely. I think Daniel and I could really enjoy this entertaining thing. We love cooking together, and we love making people happy, so really it's perfect.

It will be sad, though, when these two couples move away. Both are graduating at the end of this semester and moving on. I haven't really developed relationships with the other first-years like I have with the two second years and their significant others. Hopefully things will get better, though. And we will have fresh blood next year!

In other news, I am slowly wasting away with anxiety about summer programs. I should be hearing soon, and certainly by the end of the month, and I'm dying. I'm dying a) to know for sure that I was accepted and b) dying to start making plans for the pre-program travel with Daniel! In many ways Daniel is the perfect travel partner for me, among them the fact that I like to plan and figure things out and budget and itinerize (is that a word? as in, make itineraries, from the latin iter, itineris - journey . . .), and he likes to just chill and go with the flow. So I will have tons of fun picking hotels and sights to see and restaurants, etc!! Planning my trip with Gordon was a joy. As was travelling with Gordon, and I hope he will come visit while I'm in _________. (Athens? Rome? Pompeii?)

It was a beautiful 70 degrees today in Nashville! It went from being in the 20's/30's to the 60's/70's. I love rain, and I love clouds - but I'm beginning to realize that I love sunshine and warmth just a smidge more. The cold, icy winter of Nashville was starting to get me down. There is just something inherently gloomier about watching all the beautiful green around you slowly be consumed by cold and ice. At any rate, it's growing warm and lovely again, which means I will be doing much of my homework outside again.

No comments: